Are you passionate about current affairs, journalism, and advocacy? Do you want to be part of an ever-growing media project and to contribute to its growth?
Through our print and online magazines, debates, workshops and advocacy initiatives, K2.0 has been introducing a different media model that is needed in the 21st century.
We are seeking a program manager to join our growing team as we look to expand our content, programs and activities. The person we hire will be dedicated to maintaining and overseeing the running of programs and projects, as well as to identifying new funding opportunities in order to ensure the sustainability of the organization.
This is an exciting opportunity for a program manager who wants to be at the cutting-edge of progressive journalism and media, and to play a crucial role in the growth of our organization.
Position: Program Manager
Hours: 40 hours a week
Application deadline: Dec. 30, 2017
Start date: February 2018.
Responsibilities will include:
– Writing project proposals and managing the organization’s core projects, including progress and final narrative reports, ensuring deadlines are kept, and liaising with the financial manager;
– Maintaining correspondence and communication with donors and partner organizations;
– Identifying new fundraising opportunities for the organization;
– Overseeing project implementations;
– Attending organizational meetings, keeping notes of project status, and coordinating communication between director, finance team, and partner and funding organizations;
– Assisting the organization with regular activities and on ad-hoc matters.
The ideal candidate for this role will:
– Be well informed on current developments in journalism and media;
– Be organized and confident in managing people and projects;
– Be able to work to deadlines and to manage others to help meet theirs;
– Be self-motivated and passionate about contributing to the growth of the organization;
– Be highly professional at all times when representing K2.0.
Required skills and experience:
– Experience of managing projects in NGOs and fundraising;
– Excellent grasp of the written English language;
– Excellent communicator;
– Experience of using Google Docs and Google Drive;
– Preferable: two years of similar experience;
– Languages: Fluent in Albanian and English.
– Experience in managing EU-funded (or large) projects will be valued.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Program Manager” by Dec. 30, 2017, including the following:
- Letter of motivation;
- Name and contact details of two people who can be contacted by K2.0 to provide a reference.
Feature image: Adapted U.S. Air Force photo.