Are you tired of status-quo journalism? Do you want to let the world know about the most important and controversial issues from your country?
If you’re from Albania, Macedonia or Montenegro, you could be one of our new Western Balkan Correspondents!
K2.0 is increasing our coverage from all around the Western Balkans. We need fresh faces from Albania, Macedonia and Montenegro to become our Western Balkan Correspondents. This is an exciting opportunity for any reporters who want to be on the cutting-edge of progressive journalism in the region. With our continued success, K2.0 is ready to grow our correspondents to offer our audience even more bold and captivating content.
Position: Western Balkans Correspondent.
Application Deadline: Sunday, May 28, 2017
– Produce in-depth, feature length articles from your country regarding politics, culture, society, current events and more;
– Co-ordinate with our editorial team for assignments, guidelines, deadlines and editing;
– Work (remotely) with the editorial team during the publication process.
Applicants must have a strong sense of language and be able to write concisely, accurately and compellingly in English and/or Montenegrin (or Serbian/Bosnian/Croatian).
You should be friendly, professional and self-motivated. You will work remotely from your own country so must be an excellent communicator to stay in touch with our editorial team. Part of your responsibilities will be tracking down and pursuing ideas for stories; so you should be the kind of person that relishes that level of professional independence.
So, if you’d like to feel the buzz of writing for a respected international publication, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Western Balkans Correspondent application’ including:
- Your C.V.;
- 2 x examples of your writing; and
- A brief covering letter explaining why you think you are suited to this role. You should include two article ideas for your first contribution, outlining the issues, why they are important, and the approach you would take to reporting on them.
We look forward to hearing from you!K