K2.0 is opening a call for expression of interest for companies or individuals
wishing to produce three short documentary films
Since its establishment, K2.0 has been a platform for the expression of young voices and the empowerment of the youth.
As part of our project “Skilled, aware, active — digital journalism for youth voices,” supported by the Embassy of the Netherlands in Kosovo, K2.0 aims to collect and give visibility to the perspectives of Kosovar youth through digital multimedia journalism.
For this reason, K2.0 invites third parties to express their interest in producing a series of short documentaries.
About the mini docs
K2.0 is seeking to contract experienced professionals for the production of three (3) short documentaries / mini docs, each lasting 20 minutes maximum.
Each mini doc should take up to 4 months to produce. The planned time frame for the production of the mini docs is:
- Mini doc n. 1: August 2022 — November 2022
- Mini doc n. 2: February 2023 — May 2023
- Mini doc n. 3: August 2023 — November 2023
The mini docs will be shot in three different cities, one per doc, outside of Prishtina. While the cities may change based on circumstances, the current selection includes Mitrovica, Gjilan and Ferizaj. This will require successful applicants to work a certain amount of days in the field, for shooting purposes.
The mini docs will be thematic, touching upon fundamental issues for the youth in contemporary society, such as interethnic relations and understanding, sex and gender, and political participation.
Services to be provided
Winning applicants will be expected to perform all the necessary activities for the technical production of the mini docs, including:
- video and audio recording
- video editing
- color grading
- sound mix / design
This includes activities related to planning and all other preparatory activities leading to the practical execution of the services. By the same token, applicants are expected to have all the equipment and human resources necessary to provide these services timely and independently. If applicable, K2.0 can make its in-house studio available for additional recording and/or voiceovers.
K2.0 will be the ultimate producer of the mini doc series, with full oversight over the final product. While K2.0 will provide instructions on the topics and concepts of the mini docs, winning applicants are expected to provide substantial input in regard to the visual realization of the films.
The maximum budget available for the production of all three mini docs is 6,900.00€ total (gross gross).
- Either individuals or companies can apply to this call
- Applicants should be based in Kosovo
- Full command of Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects and other Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Proven experience in high quality video shooting and audio recording (four years minimum), preferably in the context of journalistic documentary / video productions
- Proven experience in audiovisual projects relating to the youth, human rights and journalism is highly preferred
- Fluency in Albanian and working knowledge of English. Basic understanding of Serbian is an asset
- Excellent communication, organizational skills and an ability to respect deadlines
- Formal qualifications in relevant fields, such as mass communication, production, media studies, information technology or audiovisual studies are preferred, but not required
How to apply
Interested applicants must submit:
- Budget breakdown (you are free to use your own template)
- CV (if a company, of the staff involved in the provision of the services)
- If a company, business certificate and tax verification
The deadline for application is August 10, 2022. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants will be informed about the status of their application via email.
*Editor’s note: Due to a prior mistake the maximum budget available for the production of all three mini docs has been raised from 6,000€ to 6,900€ total (gross gross).
Feature Image : K2.0