Are you passionate about communication? Always on top of the latest digital media trends? Are you into current affairs, journalism, and advocacy? Do you want a fast-paced and dynamic job that always keeps you on your toes?
Through our print and online magazines, debates, workshops and advocacy initiatives, K2.0 has been introducing a different media model that is needed in the 21st century.
We are seeking a community manager to join our growing team as we look to develop and expand our online and community presence. The person we hire will be dedicated to maintaining and overseeing our online and public presence, including our website and social media accounts — but also through public events outside of the internet — in order to ensure the sustainability and growth of the organization.
You will be responsible for developing and executing a strategy to ensure that our quality journalism reaches and engages an ever-wider audience, promoting our events and using a range of analytical tools to provide insightful feedback and recommendations on our online performance.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Community Manager who wants to be at the cutting-edge of progressive journalism and media. You will be working closely with all departments of a growing organization and must be ready to digest information efficiently and accurately, while multitasking.
Position: Community Manager
Hours: 40 hours a week
Application deadline: Thursday, August 23, 2018
Start date: September 2018.
Responsibilities will include:
– Managing all elements of K2.0 online presence including maintaining up-to-date and engaging website and liaison with web programmers;
– Taking part in all editorial and planning meetings;
– Participating in editorial meetings in liaison with Managing Editor;
– Managing all social media accounts of Kosovo 2.0, including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Snapchat — sponsoring posts and following/reacting to performance;
– Coordinating with the editorial team and visual department to prepare presentation of all K2.0 content in line with agreed standards and templates;
– Monitoring content dissemination and reporting to Editorial Management on insights and data from online and social media accounts;
– Inputting text and visual material into K2.0 website in line with K2.0 guidelines;
– Coordinating K2.0’s outreach, especially when there are events and public advocacy actions community development;
– Preparing Social Media growth strategy and community-building plan.
The ideal candidate for this role will:
– Be well informed on current developments in journalism, media, social media and digital marketing, and understand how content works on the social web;
– Be highly creative with ideas on how to maintain and develop K2.0’s public and online presence – help us connect our internet presence with our presence outside the internet;
– Be organized, and self-motivated while being able to prioritize a busy and dynamic workload and work to deadlines — able to identify opportunities and to carry them out;
– Be passionate about contributing to the growth of the organization;
– Be highly professional at all times when representing K2.0
Required skills and experience*:
– Experience in digital communication and optimizing content dissemination;
– Experience of working with analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Bitly
– Excellent grasp of the written English and Albanian language (knowledge of Serbian will also give you an advantage);
– Experience of working accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
– Excellent communicator in all forms, including strong written and verbal communication for articulating ideas to colleagues and the public, as well as experience of public speaking;
– Experience of using Google Docs and Google Drive;
– Preferable: two years of similar experience and/or certificate of digital or social media marketing course/training;
– Languages: Fluent in Albanian and English.
*If not all of these criteria are currently met, it need not necessarily prevent you from applying. K2.0 will also value the willingness and ability of applicants to learn and attend trainings to top up skills while in position.
To apply, please email email@example.com with the subject “Community Manager” by midnight on August 23, including the following:
- Letter of motivation;
- Name and contact details of two people who can be contacted by K2.0 to provide a reference.K
Feature image: Majlinda Hoxha / K2.0.