Are you passionate about high quality, independent journalism? Do you want to dig deeper into the issues that matter in Kosovo and beyond?
We are seeking two journalists to join our growing editorial team as we look to expand our bold and captivating content. These journalists will especially focus on areas relating to governance, accountability, transparency, justice and the rule of law.
The people we hire will be dedicated to deepening the understanding of current political affairs and justice issues in Kosovo. They will be able to identify and develop engaging content ideas in these areas and realize stories through a variety of mediums.
This is an exciting opportunity for journalists who want to be at the cutting-edge of progressive, quality journalism.
2 x Positions: Two journalists mainly covering issues of governance, accountability, transparency, justice and the rule of law.
Application deadline: Monday, July 16, 2018
Start date: August 2018
- Produce content, both text and multimedia, for the online magazine, with a particular focus on issues pertaining to governance, accountability and transparency AND/OR justice and the rule of law;
- Follow ongoing developments and pitch Kosovo 2.0-driven angles, as well as identify uncovered areas to pursue;
- Develop and maintain a network of relevant contacts and sources;
- Participate in Kosovo 2.0 editorial meetings in line with guidelines and expectations;
- Engage in project-shaping meetings for Kosovo 2.0, particularly for content planning;
- Be part of the Professional Shadowing Mentorship Program as a mentor;
- Assist with Kosovo 2.0 promotional events and ad hoc matters.
The ideal candidates for this role will be:
- Up to date on current affairs and issues in Kosovo;
- Well informed on politics and governance, and/or rule of law and justice, including a good knowledge of relevant institutions;
- Able to work to deadlines;
- Self-motivated and passionate about high quality, independent journalism;
- Highly professional at all times when representing K2.0;
- A dynamic, well-organized character with an ability to effectively prioritize busy workload;
- A team player, who thrives on working in an ever-expanding organization;
- Able to tolerate stress and work efficiently even under pressure.
Required skills and experience:
- Journalism experience OR experience of other published writing;
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communication, Political Science, International Relations, Law (or similar, relevant field) preferable;
- Spoken language: High level of proficiency in Albanian required; high level of proficiency in English preferable; knowledge of Serbian also an advantage;
- Written language: Excellent grasp of Albanian, plus ability to write articles in English preferable;
- Excellent communicator.
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “K2.0 Journalist application” including:
- Your CV
- Two examples of your writing
- A brief cover letter explaining why you think you are suited for this role, including two article ideas for your first contribution, outlining the issues, why they are important, and the approach you would take to reporting on them.K
Feature image: Atdhe Mulla / K2.0.