Are you passionate about high quality, independent journalism? Do you want to dig deeper into the issues that matter in Kosovo and beyond?
Through our print and online magazines, debates and advocacy initiatives, K2.0 brings different voices, new perspectives and challenges established narratives.
We are seeking an editor to join our growing editorial team as we look to expand our bold and captivating content.
The person we hire will be dedicated to deepening the understanding of current affairs and political, social and cultural issues in Kosovo and the Western Balkans. They will be able to identify and develop engaging content ideas on a wide variety of issues, while also being detail-oriented and having an excellent grasp of the Albanian written language.
This is an exciting opportunity for an editor who wants to be at the cutting-edge of progressive quality journalism.
Hours: 40 hours per week
Application deadline: April 15, 2018
Start date: May 2018
Responsibilities will include:
- Liaise with managing editor to oversee website content production in Albanian language;
- Editing all Albanian language content to final product using professional journalistic standards;
- Close coordination with editors, journalists, visual team, translators and community manager;
- Identifying and developing topics of interest for K2.0 content and actively participate in K2.0 editorial meetings and discussions;
- Contributing to website as journalist, when necessary;
- Assisting with the organization of K2.0 promotional events.
The ideal candidate for this role will be:
- Well informed on current affairs and issues in Kosovo;
- Able to work to deadlines and to manage others to help meet their deadlines;
- Self-motivated and passionate about high quality, independent journalism;
- Highly professional at all times when representing K2.0;
- A dynamic, well-organized character with an ability to effectively prioritize busy workload;
- A team player, who thrives on working in an ever-expanding organization;
- Able to demonstrate excellent judgment and decision making skills;
- Able to tolerate stress and work efficiently even under pressure.
Required skills and experience:
- At least three years of experience editing high quality journalistic content in Albanian language;
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Journalism, Albanian language and literature (or similar, relevant field);
- Excellent grasp of the written Albanian language;
- Excellent communicator;
- Languages: Fluency in Albanian is essential, plus good grasp of English is preferred.
To apply, please email email@example.com with the subject “Editor Application” by Sunday, April 15, 2018, and include the following:
- Letter of motivation;
- Two samples of own written work (if available); and
- Name and contact details of two people who can be contacted by K2.0 to provide a reference.K
* The wording of the English language version of this job call has been updated to clarify that the open position is that of an editor (who will primarily work with Albanian language content).
Feature image: Besnik Bajrami / K2.0.