K2.0 has a brand new internship for a creative and ambitious young illustrator looking to get invaluable workplace experience.
We’ve created a completely new paid internship that reflects our ever-expanding work. The new intern will complete a 6-month part-time placement in our Prishtina offices as a valued member of the K2.0 team.
The Visual Intern will work within our growing visual and multimedia department. We’re looking for a talented illustrator to work alongside our photographers and video producers to help bring alive K2.0’s dynamic editorial content.
If you are a creative, hard-working, professional and resourceful young person who is just starting out in your career, then we want to hear from you!
Hours: Part time
Application Deadline: Sunday, July 14, 2019
Start date: Monday, July 22
- Illustrate images for blogs, perspectives, in-text for longer features, events and any other tasks as assigned by Managing Editor
- Work closely with the multimedia team in production and liaise with editors, authors and designers;
- Undertake relevant research and generate ideas;
- Prepare rough and final drafts according to requirements and draw rough sketches for approval;
- Combine hand-drawing and painting with computer-aided design software to create complete illustrations;
- Ensure that printed illustrations meet quality standards;
- Brainstorm with the design team to come up with new ideas, patterns and styles;
- Stay up-to-date with new design techniques and software.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Proven experience as an Illustrator, Graphic Designer or similar role;
- Demonstrable portfolio of completed illustrations;
- Hands-on experience with computer-aided design software;
- Solid knowledge of image editing and digital sketching software, like Photoshop, Indesign and Adobe Illustrator;
- Drawing skills with an attention to detail (both by hand and digital pen);
- Strong aesthetic and conceptual skills;
- Ability to collaborate effectively and meet deadlines.
To apply please click “Apply“, by midnight on Sunday, July 14, 2019. K