Are you passionate about high quality, independent media? Are you a specialist in video production and post-production?
We are seeking a Video Assistant to help expand our bold and captivating content in different multimedia formats.
The person we hire will work closely with our editorial team and Video Producer to deliver dynamic videos on social issues, human rights, culture, governance and justice issues. They will be able to creatively develop and deliver engaging content through short teasers, longer explainers and other innovative formats.
This is an exciting opportunity for a video-maker who wants to be at the cutting-edge of progressive, quality journalism as we expand our multimedia production.
Position: Video Assistant
Contract type: Contract for specific duties
Application deadline: Thursday, August 9, 2018
Start date: Negotiable
- Work independently, as well as part of a team, to create and develop creative multimedia (audio/video) content for K2.0’s online magazine;
- Collaborate closely with the Multimedia Content Editor and Video Producer to help facilitate the creation of multimedia content;
- Plan video shoots; scout, select and reserve shoot locations;
- Shooting video and audio in the field, and assisting with studio shoots;
- Reserve and rent equipment;
- Editing footage and sound files, creating and inserting static and motion graphics, titling, adding music/voice-over, media management and archiving project media.
The ideal candidates for this role will be:
- Someone who possess technical skills in video, audio and post-production;
- Able to work to deadlines;
- A dynamic, well-organized character with an ability to effectively prioritize a busy workload;
- Have an eye for detail;
- Be able to develop and deliver projects, including when working remotely;
- Able to tolerate stress and work efficiently even under pressure.
Required skills and experience:
- Experience in working with Adobe After Effect, Adobe Premiere and Adobe Photoshop;
- Experience in shooting high quality video (and audio preferable);
- Spoken language: High level of proficiency in Albanian required; high level of proficiency in English preferable;
- Excellent communicator;
- Although this area of work does not require formal qualifications, a degree in mass communications, production, media studies, information technology and audiovisual studies may increase your chances. If you have not graduated from any of the above, but you have practical experience in video editing please do not hesitate to apply.
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject “K2.0 Video Assistant application” including:
- Your CV
- Your Portfolio (or links to previous works on YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)
- A brief cover letter explaining why you think you are suited for this role.K
Feature image: Adapted photo from the British Film Institute.