Are you passionate about communication? Are you into current affairs, journalism, and advocacy? Do you want a fast-paced and dynamic job that always keeps you on your toes?
Through our print and online magazines, debates, workshops and advocacy initiatives, K2.0 has been introducing a different media model that is needed in the 21st century. We are seeking a communication and outreach coordinator to join our growing team as we look to develop and expand our online and community presence.
The person we hire will be at the center of everything to do with our public presence, from maintaining our website and social media accounts to writing engaging press releases and working with designers on our visual image.
You will work closely with our social media and marketing manager to ensure our quality journalism reaches and engages an ever-wider audience, while promoting our events and being our primary public contact point.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a communications background who wants to be at the cutting-edge of progressive journalism and media. You will closely collaborate with all K2.0 departments and must be ready to digest information efficiently and accurately, while multitasking.If you’re dynamic, organized and engaging and want to be part of a growing organization, we want to hear from you!
Position: Communication and Outreach Coordinator
Hours: 40 hours per week
Application deadline: Sunday, Oct. 28 (midnight)
Starting: November 2018
Responsibilities will include:
- Input text and visual material into K2.0’s website, in order to keep it up to date on a daily basis;
- Keep up to date all K2.0 social media accounts, including: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (in coordination with Social Media and Marketing Manager);
- Participate in editorial processes in order to effectively coordinate publishing and promotion of editorial content, and prepare meeting minutes;
- Prepare social media posting descriptions for all K2.0 editorial content;
- Prepare texts and social media posts for K2.0 events, and promote them on social media in real time;
- Prepare and send invites for participation in K2.0 events and media coverage;
- Monitor all K2.0’s official communication with external parties — including (but not limited to) email account(s), social media inboxes, social media and website comments, etc.;
- Maintain regular communication and coordinate with K2.0 design partners;
- Coordinate and organize visits for interested parties to K2.0 premises;
- Keep K2.0 contact database up to date.
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Be well informed on current developments in journalism and media, and understand how content works on the social web;
- Be highly creative with ideas on how to maintain and develop K2.0’s public and online presence – help us connect our internet presence with our presence outside the internet;
- Be organized, and self-motivated while being able to prioritize a busy and dynamic workload and work to deadlines — able to identify opportunities and to carry them out;
- Be passionate about contributing to the growth of the organization;
- Be highly professional at all times when representing K2.0
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communication, Public Relations (or similar, relevant field) preferable;
- Preferable: minimum of two years of similar experience;
- Experience of working accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Excellent communicator in all forms, including strong written and verbal communication for articulating ideas to colleagues and the public, as well as experience of public speaking;
- Languages: Fluent in Albanian and English essential. (Knowledge of Serbian language will give you an advantage, but is not required).
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Communication and Outreach Coordinator” by midnight on Sunday, October 28, including the following:
– Letter of motivation;
– Name and contact details of two people who can be contacted by K2.0 to provide a reference.K
Feature image: Besnik Bajrami / K2.0.