Terms of Reference
This November, Kosovo 2.0 is organizing a conference on media freedoms, media innovation, and sustainability, and the media’s relationship with the community. This conference, will gather up to a hundred journalists and editors from Albania, Montenegro, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and North Macedonia, as well as international guest speakers from further afield. The conference is among the largest media conferences to be organized in the region, and we are proud to announce that this year it will be taking place in Kosovo.
The conference is to take place on November 19-22, 2019.
Through this conference we seek to:
- Promote synergies among local, regional, and international media entities by creating the space necessary for media representatives to exchange meaningful conversations with the potential to lead to future collaborations;
- Inspire new solutions for the future sustainability of media in the region by providing a platform for solution-oriented discussion and model-sharing experiences with each other as well as progressive international partners;
- Equip conventional journalists and editors with tools and knowledge that allow them to produce engaging, interactive new media formats, with sensitive approaches to their communities.
To ensure all conference guests are given the necessary assistance, support and hospitality prior to their arrival, during their stay, and departure, we are looking for a Conference Coordinator.
The Conference Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Outlining the list of participants for the conference, in collaboration with K2.0’s project team;
- Finding contact details of all participants, and reaching out to them;
- Preparing customized invitations for every participant;
- Maintaining clear systems of keeping track of confirmations, travel times, and other details regarding participants’ arrival, stay and departure;
- Arranging and overseeing the management of visitors’ accommodation and travel arrangements, including booking all flights;
- Offering continuous, immediate support to all inquiries from the participants at all times, and in all situations;
- Assisting all participants when applying for a visa; providing them with detailed information regarding the requirements; preparing invitation letters, and other visa requirements and ensuring all participants receive all necessary supporting documents for visa applications (when required) in good time;
- Ensuring all requirements around participants’ arrival at the conference venue from the airport/point of arrival, and to the airport/point of departure are foreseen and taken care of;
- Welcoming all participants during their stay, and ensuring all questions pertaining to orientation, venues, locations, and other issues are dealt with professionally, and in a timely manner;
- Being the focal point for all participants prior to arriving, and during their stay;
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Be congenial and always willing to help;
- Be highly organized;
- Be highly motivated and committed to the conference goals;
- Be communicative and passionate;
- Be responsive, flexible and accessible at any time;
- Be resilient, and able to find quick solutions to arising issues;
- Be presentable and highly professional;
- Be energetic, able to perform multiple complex tasks under pressure;
- Have a keen eye for details.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Communication, Social Sciences, Management or any other relevant field
- Languages: Fluency in Albanian and English is essential. Knowledge of Serbian language is an asset, however not a requirement.
- Excellent communications skills;
- Management, and organizational skills are a must;
- At least two years experience in hosting and/or organizing events; PR; or any other similar fields;
- Knowledge of media in Kosovo and the region; knowledge and/or previous experience of working with the media is greatly valued;
Working hours: Full Time, applicant must be flexible, and able to respond to inquiries as soon as possible;
Start date: As soon as possible;
Period of engagement: September to December
To apply click here.
Deadline: September 8 , 2019.
All applicants will be notified regarding the selection process. K