Are you passionate about independent journalism? Do you know all about Kosovo and the Balkans? Do you have a background in editing?
We’re seeking an English language copy-editor to join our editorial team as we look to build on our bold and captivating award-winning journalism.
The person we hire will be a creative person who loves playing with language and is motivated by the desire to find just the right expression or phrase when editing English prose and tricky translations.
They must have a sharp eye for detail and the ability to catch typos and errors as well as the ability to quickly learn and implement the rules of our internal style guide.
We are looking for someone who is familiar with current affairs and the political, social and cultural issues in Kosovo and the broader region and who is always looking to learn more. They will need to be able to work closely and productively with colleagues in a multilingual team environment. As K2.0’s copy editor, you must have an excellent eye for English prose and grammar.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to be at the cutting-edge of progressive journalism in the region and who wants to grow within our organization.
Position: Copy Editor (English language)
Hours: 20-40 hours per week (negotiable)
Location: Prishtina (though open to remote work set-ups to start)
Application deadline: April 4, 2022
Start Date: April 18, 2022 (negotiable)
Duration: Longterm, starting with a 3 month trial contract
Responsibilities will include:
- Copy-edit English language texts (those originally written in English and those translated from Albanian and Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian) and internal organizational documents;
- Collaborate with editors, translators and writers to ensure that our English language content is of the highest quality;
- Participate in K2.0 editorial meetings;
- Assist with other editorial and organizational tasks on an ad hoc basis.
The ideal candidate for this role will be:
- A native English speaker or have native-level fluency;
- Passionate about everything English-language related;
- Self-motivated and able to meet deadlines;
- A dynamic, well-organized person with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks;
- A stickler for detail and accuracy;
- Able to work efficiently and accurately, even under pressure;
- Highly professional at all times when representing K2.0;
- Willing and able to grow within the organization by actively showing interest to go beyond the role.
- Proven professional experience in English language copy-editing;
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in English language and literature preferred but not required;
- Languages: Native-level fluency in written and spoken English is essential. Knowledge of Albanian and/or Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian is highly desired, but not a strict requirement.
To apply, please click here, and include the following:
- Letter of motivation;
- Optional additional documents demonstrating high level facility with English language prose (example: texts you’ve written or edited).
All applicants will be notified regarding the selection process.