Are you passionate about independent journalism? Do you know all about Kosovo and the Balkan region? Do you have a background in editing?
We’re seeking an editor (working in the English language) to join our editorial team as we look to build on our bold and captivating award-winning content.
The person we hire will be dedicated to deepening the understanding of current affairs and political, social and cultural issues in Kosovo and the Western Balkans. They will be able to work constructively with our journalists and contributors on developing engaging content ideas on a wide variety of issues right through to final, publishable articles.
As a K2.0 editor, you must not only grasp and convey the wider story, but you must also be detail-oriented and have an excellent grasp of the written English language.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to be at the cutting-edge of progressive quality journalism in the region.
Position: Editor (working in English language)
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Prishtina (OR remote working possible)
Application deadline: October 6, 2019
Start Date: October 2019
Duration: Initially 3 months (potential to extend)
Responsibilities will include:
- Participate in K2.0 editorial meetings;
- Oversee editorial production of assigned content, including working closely with assigned journalists, Managing Editor and other editorial staff;
- Edit content to final product with a particular focus on feature articles and (English language) copy-editing;
- Follow ongoing developments, identify and develop topics for coverage;
- Review external contributions, especially those submitted in the English language.
The ideal candidate for this role will be:
- Well informed on current affairs and issues in Kosovo (and the wider region);
- Able to work to deadlines and to manage others to help meet their deadlines;
- Self-motivated and passionate about high quality, independent journalism;
- A dynamic, well-organized character with an ability to effectively prioritize busy workload;
- A stickler for detail and accuracy;
- Able to demonstrate excellent judgment and decision making skills;
- An excellent communicator;
- Able to tolerate stress and work efficiently and accurately, even under pressure;
- Highly professional at all times when representing K2.0.
- At least two years of experience editing high quality written journalistic content in English language;
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Journalism, English language and literature (or similar, relevant field);
- Languages: Native level fluency in written and spoken English is essential. Knowledge of Albanian and/or other regional languages would be a bonus.
To apply, please click here, and include the following:
- Letter of motivation — within the letter you should include a link to a feature article that you find a particularly impressive piece of journalism and briefly explain the key elements of it that stand out to you; focus on structure, style, etc., not topic area;
- Two samples of own written work (if available);
All applicants will be notified regarding the selection process.