2018 is rapidly drawing to a close and a new year will be with us before we know it. And what better way to begin the new year than with a new job?
K2.0 has an exciting opening for a proven leader to be right at the heart of our daily work. The person we hire will work closely with our editor-in-chief and senior editors to coordinate our day-to-day media work, as well as with our program manager and HR manager to ensure effective organizational coordination.
You will be at the center of everything to do with our media production, from coordinating our editorial staff and external contributors to overseeing our website and social media output. This will involve producing and delivering short and long term plans for our media production, as well as maintaining and developing effective working processes and practices.
We’re looking for a people person who has experience of managing projects or activities and people. You must be a proactive problem solver who enjoys the challenge of making decisions while working in a busy environment and an ever-evolving organization.
Experience of working in a media environment would give you an advantage, but it is not essential as long as you’re adaptable and a fast learner — excellent communication skills, organization and reliability are a must.
If you’re ready to help pull the strings of our dynamic editorial team, we want to hear from you.
Position: Editorial Production Coordinator
Hours: 40 hours per week
Application deadline: Thursday, Nov. 29 (midnight)
Starting: January 2019
- Daily coordination and supervision of editorial production activities and processes between editors, photographers, journalists, translators and external contributors;
- Creating and enforcing deadlines and calling, organizing and leading production meetings;
- Implementing editorial decisions taken by editor-in-chief and senior editors and coordinating daily publication in all three languages;
- Producing and maintaining daily, weekly, and longer term editorial plans;
- Assigning articles to editorial staff and external contributors, in coordination with editor-in-chief and senior editors and overseeing up to publication;
- Managing editorial human resources in line with HR policies and in coordination with HR Manager;
- Planning human resource requirements, equipment for editorial production, and future editorial needs;
- Overseeing and managing day-to-day editorial budgets for content production, etc.;
- Coordinating with K2.0 Program Manager to ensure effective coverage of K2.0 events and activities and ensuring planned content is produced;
- Developing and maintaining editorial policies.
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Be a leader, prepared to take difficult decisions under pressure;
- Be dynamic and highly organized, while relishing working in a busy environment with competing deadlines;
- Excel in effective planning and seeing those plans through to completion;
- Be reliable and efficient in carrying out a busy workload;
- Be a people person, able to inspire, encourage and effectively manage a dynamic team;
- Be a proactive problem solver with a can-do attitude;
- Pay attention to detail while simultaneously working toward the bigger picture;
- Be able to digest complex information from multiple sources and act independently in line with policies;
- Be passionate about contributing to the growth of the organization;
- Be highly professional at all times when representing K2.0.
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communication, Political and/or Social Sciences, Management (or similar, relevant field);
- Experience of coordinating projects/activities and a team of people;
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience working as a team leader, manager or similar relevant role in a dynamic environment (experience of working within journalism or the media is preferred, but not essential);
- Languages: Fluent in Albanian and English essential (knowledge of Serbian language will give you an advantage, but is not required);
- Excellent communicator in all forms, including strong written and verbal communication for articulating ideas to colleagues and partners;
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Editorial Production Coordinator” by midnight on Thursday, Nov. 29, including the following:
- Letter of motivation;
- Name and contact details of two people who can be contacted by K2.0 to provide a reference.K
Feature image: Creative Commons license.