Are you passionate about creative initiatives, new ideas and advocacy? Do you think that fresh perspectives, collaboration and constant learning can help to make a difference in society? Are you a solutions-oriented “doer” who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment?
If you answered “yes” to all of these questions, you could be the person we’re looking for!
Our day-to-day online editorial production is complemented by a wide-ranging program of offline events that aims to bring people together in an innovative space. We want to encourage active citizens who speak out about their concerns, hopes and ideas and strive to find solutions to societal issues, whether big or small. And the Project Manager is crucial to making sure we can achieve these goals.
This is an exciting opportunity for a person who wants to be at the cutting edge of progressive journalism and media, and to play a crucial role in the continued success and growth of our organization.
We are seeking a Project Manager to join our energetic team and to help bring our dynamic programs to life.
Position: Project Manager
Hours: 40 hours per week (Full time)
Application Deadline: January 13, 2023
Starting: February 2023
- Manage assigned ongoing projects, including preparation of progress and final narrative reports, direct liaison with the assigned donors, coordination and oversight of all tasks and duties occurring as a result of assigned projects, in coordination with Program Manager;
- Assist when and if needed in project development and proposal writing;
- Initiate, deliver and oversee all of the organization’s events, activities, and capacity-building programs. Manage busy events timetable by ensuring that all K2.0’s activities are organized and implemented as foreseen, including organizing and overseeing selection process for open calls (for trainings, workshops, etc.), and making all logistical arrangements for individual project delivery, including (but not limited to) contacting and confirming speakers and translators, booking venues and refreshments, arranging travel and accommodation, purchasing required resources, coordinating outreach and communications, etc.;
- Lead Hub 2.0 as a venue and programs platform that gathers and engages young people by initiating events and activities;
- Liaise with external partners, such as designers and printing companies;
- Research potential themes and concepts for upcoming events, propose innovative ideas, and turn those ideas into reality, develop strategies for the efficient and successful organization of events and capacity-building program;
- Organize ad-hoc activities, events and/or projects that arise in the meantime, including but not limited to one-time exhibitions or talks;
- Maintain clear organizational systems and track relevant data and information about each event and activity.
The Ideal candidate for this role will:
- Be organized and confident in managing people, events and projects;
- Have excellent time management and multitasking skills;
- Be enthusiastic, solution-driven and resilient;
- Be able to work to deadline and perform tasks under pressure in a dynamic environment;
- Be an excellent and precise communicator;
- Be self-motivated and passionate about contributing to the growth of the organization;
- Be well informed on current developments in journalism, the media and human rights matters;
- Be highly professional at all times when representing K2.0.
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in relevant field;
- At least three years experience of managing and implementing complex projects and programs in NGOs, including at least one year experience in events management;
- Excellent grasp of the written English language;
- Languages: Fluent in Albanian and English (Serbian is a plus, but not a requirement).
To apply, click here by Friday, January 13, 2023. Please include the following:
- Letter of motivation;
- Name and contact details of two people who can be contacted by K2.0 to provide a reference.
Feature image: Ferdi Limani / K2.0.