Do you get excited about all the different ways social media can be used? Are you passionate about communications? Are you into current affairs, journalism and human rights? Do you want a fast-paced and dynamic job that always keeps you on your toes?
Through our online and print magazines, debates, workshops and more, K2.0 has been introducing a different media model in Kosovo and beyond. We’re seeking a Communications Coordinator to join our dynamic team as we look to develop and expand our online and community presence.
The person we hire will be at the center of everything to do with our public presence, from assisting with designing a dynamic communications strategy to ensuring that our social media accounts are constantly engaging and our website is dressed to impress.
You will particularly work closely with our production manager and editorial team to ensure our quality journalism reaches and engages an ever-wider audience, while also overseeing the promotion of our events and acting as our primary public contact point.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a communications background who wants to be at the cutting-edge of progressive journalism and media. You will closely collaborate with all
K2.0 departments and must be ready to digest information efficiently and accurately, while multitasking.
If you’re creative, dynamic, organized and engaging and want to be part of K2.0, we want to hear from you!
Position: Communications Coordinator
Hours: 40 hours per week
Application deadline: Sunday, May 2nd (midnight)
Starting: May, 15th
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee all K2.0 social media accounts, including: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to ensure they are engaging and up to date;
- Plan and implement a K2.0 communications strategy; assess and report on its effectiveness;
- Take initiatives to enhance K2.0’s online and offline presence;
- Prepare/optimize social media posting descriptions for all K2.0 editorial content;
- Serve as point of contact for public questions and enquiries, including monitoring all K2.0’s official communication with external parties — including (but not limited to) email account(s), social media inboxes, social media and website comments, etc.;
- Input text and visual material into K2.0’s website, in order to keep it up to date on a daily basis;
- Participate in editorial processes in order to effectively coordinate publishing and promotion of editorial content, and prepare meeting minutes;
- Maintain regular communication and coordinate with K2.0 visual and design team;
- Coordinate and organize visits for interested parties to K2.0 premises;
- Keep K2.0 contact database up to date.
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Be well informed on current developments in journalism and media, and understand how content works on the social web;
- Be highly creative with ideas on how to maintain and develop K2.0’s public and online presence – help us connect our internet presence with our offline presence;
- Be organized, and self-motivated while being able to prioritize a busy and dynamic workload and work to deadlines — able to identify opportunities and to carry them out;
- Be passionate about contributing to the growth of the organization;
- Be highly professional at all times when representing K2.0
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communication, Public Relations (or similar, relevant field) preferable;
- Preferable: minimum of two years of similar experience;
- Experience of working accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Excellent communicator in all forms, including strong written and verbal communication for articulating ideas to colleagues and the public, as well as experience of public speaking;
- Languages: Fluent in Albanian and English essential. (Knowledge of Serbian language will give you an advantage, but is not required).
Please create a short video telling us:
- Who are you (without mentioning your job/education/where you’re from)?
- What does ‘communication’ mean to you? [You should save it and post a WeTransfer link in the application form];