K2.0 is open to cooperation with other media organizations in order to help ensure that quality journalism has the opportunity to be read widely. This cooperation may be in the form of one-off agreements for re-publishing a single article or through longer term reciprocal arrangements.
If you wish to re-publish any of K2.0’s work (including articles, images, videos, designs or any other content that belongs to K2.0), express, written permission must be obtained in advance.
If it is discovered that a media organization has re-published K2.0’s content without permission, appropriate steps will be taken by K2.0, up to and including legal action.
To request re-publishing permission or to talk about how we can cooperate, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. But first, read our re-publishing guidelines:
- Domestic and regional media will not be granted the right to re-publish our material until it has been up on the K2.0 website for at least 48 hours.
- Media outside of the region may re-publish content sooner at K2.0’s discretion.
- K2.0’s work must be credited at the top of the article in the following way:
This article was originally produced for and published by Kosovo 2.0. It has been re-published here with permission.
- An embedded hyperlink to the article on K2.0’s website must be included in the above crediting text.
- The article’s author must be clearly credited in a manner that is not misleading.
- Any images should always be clearly and individually credited, in the following way:
[Photographer name] / K2.0.
- K2.0 has standing agreements with some media organizations, allowing them to re-publish our content without requesting individual permission. Contact us if you are interested in arranging such an agreement for your publication.
- Any standing agreement should be reciprocal — i.e. K2.0 should also have permission to re-publish content from that media organization.
- Any agreed partner should be aware of, and adhere to guidelines on re-publishing K2.0 content in relation to Timing and Crediting (plus any other specific conditions K2.0 chooses to apply).
- K2.0 makes one-off agreements with media organizations to re-publish specific articles.
- Cooperating partners should be aware of and adhere to guidelines on re-publishing K2.0 content in relation to Timing and Crediting (plus any other specific conditions K2.0 chooses to apply).
Violations of re-publishing guidelines
- If it is discovered that a media organization has re-published K2.0’s content without permission, we will contact said organization and inform them they have breached K2.0’s copyright. We will ask that our content be removed immediately from the offending publication’s website.
- If the content is removed, and it is the first offence, K2.0 will take no further action.
- If the content is not removed, or if it is not the first offence, K2.0 will raise the issue at the next Press Council meeting (for Kosovo Press Council members). For media that are not members of Kosovo Press Council, the Editor-in-Chief will contact the other media’s Editor-in-Chief directly.