Are you a people person who would love to work as part of a dynamic team? Are you super organized and have a great eye for detail? Are finances your thing?
K2.0 is seeking a full time finance manager to join our groundbreaking media organization.
The person we hire will work closely with our Director and Program Manager to maintain and develop effective financial and administrative procedures. You’ll also work with the rest of our staff to ensure that K2.0’s financial policies and procedures are always followed.
We’re looking for a responsible and proactive new colleague who thrives on finding solutions. If that sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
Position: Finance Manager
Hours: 40 hours per week (Full time)
Application Deadline: Sunday, March 22, 2020
Start date: April, 2020
- Maintain financial records of the organization and handle budgets;
- Ensure that the preparation of contracts for procurement are in full conformity with applicable laws and internal regulations;
- Prepare budgets for project funding in liaison with Program Manager and Director, and oversee financial side of projects implementation;
- Prepare financial reports for donor reporting and applications, in liaison with Program Manager;
- Attend organizational meetings, keep records of financial project status, and coordinate communication between Director, Program Manager, and partner and funding organizations;
- Keep records on organizational data accounting changes, on the main book and additional books in accordance with the provisions of the Law on Accounting, Financial Reporting and Auditing;
- Ensure that methods of depreciation for the organization’s equipment and assets is applied according to accounting regulations and law;
- Oversee the organization’s petty cash;
- Fill out tax forms, tax balance and other calculations that must be submitted to TAK in line with legal deadlines;
- Maintain the archive of the organization’s files as per applicable laws and donor requirements;
- Enforce organization’s policy and procedures with regard to budget and finances;
- Implement payments authorization for the organization;
- Prepare financial reports for audits of projects and for the overall organization.
The ideal candidate for this role will:
– Have excellent time management and multitasking skills;
– Be enthusiastic, solution-driven and resilient;
– Be able to work to deadlines and perform tasks under pressure in a dynamic environment;
– Be an excellent communicator;
– Be self-motivated and passionate about contributing to the growth of the organization;
– Be highly professional at all times when representing K2.0.
Required skills and experience:
– Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Banking & Finance, Accounting, Economics or other relevant field;
– At least three years experience of working in finances, preferably in the NGO sector;
– Experience in working with Quickbooks;
– Good grasp of the written English language.
To apply, please click here by Friday, March 20, 2020, and include the following:
- Letter of motivation;
- Name and contact details of two people who can be contacted by K2.0 to provide a reference.
All candidates will be contacted.K