Are you passionate about creative initiatives, new ideas and advocacy? Do you think that fresh perspectives, collaboration and constant learning can help to make a difference? Are you a solution-oriented ‘doer’ who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment?
If you answered ‘yes’ to all of these questions, you could be the person we’re looking for!
Through our print and online magazines, debates, talks, workshops and advocacy initiatives, K2.0 has been introducing a different media model that is needed in the 21st century.
Our day-to-day online editorial production is complemented by a wide-ranging program of offline events that aims to bring people together in an innovative space. We want to encourage active citizens who speak out about their concerns, hopes and ideas, and strive to find solutions to societal issues, whether big or small.
This is an exciting opportunity for a projects coordinator who wants to be at the cutting edge of progressive journalism and media, and to play a crucial role in the continued success and growth of our organization.
We are seeking a projects coordinator to join our energetic team and to help bring our dynamic programs to life.
Position: Projects Coordinator
Hours: 40 hours per week (Full time)
Application Deadline: Sunday, March 17, 2019
Starting: April 2019
- Initiate, deliver and oversee all of K2.0’s events, activities, and programs;
- Oversee and manage busy events timetable and ensure all K2.0’s activities are organized and implemented as foreseen;
- Research potential themes and concepts for upcoming events, and turn innovative ideas into reality;
- Make all logistical arrangements for individual project delivery, including (but not limited to) contacting and confirming speakers and translators, booking venues and refreshments, arranging travel and accommodation, purchasing required resources, coordinating outreach and communications, etc.;
- Liaise with external partners, such as designers and printing companies;
- Write assigned project proposals and manage assigned ongoing projects, including progress and final narrative reports, in coordination with Program Manager;
- Maintain correspondence and communication with donors and partner organizations, in coordination with Program Manager;
- Organize and oversee selection process for open calls (for trainings, workshops, etc.);
The Ideal candidate for this role will:
- Be organized and confident in coordinating people and projects;
- Have excellent time management and multitasking skills;
- Be enthusiastic, solution-driven and resilient;
- Be able to work to deadlines and perform tasks under pressure in a dynamic environment;
- Be an excellent communicator;
- Be self-motivated and passionate about contributing to the growth of the organization;
- Be well informed on current developments in journalism and media;
- Be highly professional at all times when representing K2.0.
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in relevant field;
- At least two years experience of coordinating and implementing complex projects and programs in NGOs;
- Excellent grasp of the written English language;
- Languages: Fluent in Albanian and English.
To apply, please email email@example.com with the subject “Projects Coordinator” by midnight on Sunday, March 17, 2019, including the following:
- Letter of motivation;
- Name and contact details of two people who can be contacted by K2.0 to provide a reference.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Feature image: Atdhe Mulla / K2.0.