Are you passionate about high quality, independent journalism? Do you want to dig deeper into the issues that matter in the Western Balkans?
Through our print and online magazines, debates and advocacy initiatives, K2.0 brings different voices, new perspectives and challenges established narratives.
We are seeking a regional editor to join our growing editorial team as we look to expand our bold and captivating content. The person we hire will be dedicated to deepening the understanding of current affairs and political, social and cultural issues in the Western Balkans.
This is an exciting opportunity for an editor who wants to be on the cutting-edge of progressive journalism. Working closely with our Prishtina-based editorial team, you will coordinate content from five countries and shape our regional content.
Position: Regional editor
Location: Flexible (you can work remotely and be based anywhere within the Western Balkans)
Application deadline: Feb. 12, 2017.
Start date: March 2017.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing and coordinating K2.0’s regional content production;
- Identifying high quality writers and photographers in the Western Balkans;
- Identifying regional topics of interest for K2.0 content;
- Editing regular regional content;
- Liaising with the editorial team in Prishtina to coordinate work according to an agreed schedule.
The ideal candidate for this role will be:
- Well informed on current affairs and issues in the Western Balkans;
- Organized and confident in managing people and projects;
- Able to edit content in both Serbian and English;
- Able to work to deadlines and to manage others to help meet
- Self-motivated and passionate about high quality, independent journalism;
- Highly professional at all times when representing K2.0.
Required skills and experience:
- Experience of editing journalistic content in Serbian and English;
- Excellent grasp of the written Serbian language;
- Excellent communicator;
- Experience of using Google Docs and Google Drive;
- Preferable: two years of similar experience;
- Languages: Fluent in Serbian and English.
To apply, please email email@example.com with the subject “Regional Editor Application” by Feb. 12, 2017, including the following:
- Letter of motivation;
- Two samples of own written work (if available); and
- Name and contact details of two people who can be contacted by K2.0 to provide a reference.K
Images: Majlinda Hoxha / K2.0.