K2.0 was founded to open up conversations within Kosovo, between Kosovo and its neighbors, and between Kosovo and the world. For that reason, we’ve always been committed to accepting submissions and publishing all of our articles and content in three languages: Albanian, English and Serbian (/Bosnian/Croatian).
We are seeking an editor for B/C/S to join our editorial team. If you are an editor with an interest in regional stories (former Yugoslavia plus Albania and their diasporas), new voices, good writing and a vision for how to bring these stories to our readers, we want to hear from you.
This is an exciting opportunity for an editor who wants to work in progressive journalism in the Balkans and bring unique stories and voices to the public.
Position: B/C/S Editor
Hours: Full time preferred
Location: Flexible (preferred that you are based in our area of coverage in the Balkans)
Application deadline: August 20, 2022
Start date: Mid-September
- Managing K2.0’s regional content production in coordination with Prishtina-based editorial team;
- Maintaining and building connections with external contributors;
- Identifying regional topics of interest for K2.0’s coverage;
- Editing to completion articles that are submitted in B/C/S;
- Copy-editing translations into B/C/S from English;
- Contribute as staff writer as opportunity allows.
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Be well informed on current affairs and issues in our area of coverage;
- Be highly organized, able to manage multiple ongoing projects at once;
- Have excellent editing skills in B/C/S and meticulous attention to detail;
- Be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Be self-motivated and passionate about high quality, ethical journalism;
- Be a positive and flexible team member.
Required skills and experience:
- Professional editing experience in B/C/S necessary, in English desired;
- Excellent grasp of grammar and style guidelines of journalistic B/C/S;
- Excellent communicator;
- Ability to use Google Drive products in organized manner;
- High-level professional knowledge of English;
- Knowledge of additional Balkan languages would be an advantage, but not required.
To apply please click the “Apply“ button below by August 20, 2022, including the following:
- C.V. (in English);
- Letter of motivation (in English);
- Two samples of own written work (if available, in any language);
- Name and contact information of two people K2.0 can contact for a reference.
All applicants will be notified regarding the selection process.
K Feature Image: Besnik Bajrami / K2.0.