K2.0 is enhancing our coverage from all around the Western Balkans and for that we need new voices from the region — particularly from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Macedonia. This is an exciting opportunity for any reporters who want to be at the cutting-edge of progressive journalism. With our continued success, K2.0 is ready to grow our correspondents network to give our audience even more insight from the region.
As an online magazine, K2.0 is not in the business of producing daily ‘news’ articles so you should have original ideas on how to present your stories and to bring a fresh approach to topics. Perhaps an issue is undercovered or ignored in your country or in the region as a whole, maybe it has been over-covered from the perspective of a single narrative, and you believe it is more complex than that.
If you want to contribute to providing quality, nuanced coverage on a wide range of important issues, we want to hear from you.
As a K2.0 correspondent you will:
- Pitch stories to our editors regarding politics, culture, society, current events and more;
- Coordinate with our editorial team for assignments, guidelines, deadlines and editing;
- Work (remotely) with the editorial team during the publication process.
Applicants must have a strong sense of language and be able to write concisely, accurately and compellingly in their own language, and to be able to understand English very well.
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject “Regional correspondent application [+ country]” including:
- Your CV
- Two examples of your writing
- A brief cover letter explaining why you think you are suited for this role, including two article ideas for your first contribution, outlining the issues, why they are important, and the approach you would take to reporting on them.
Application deadline: Sunday, April 1, 2018.
We look forward to hearing from you.K