Do words matter to you? Is language your thing? Are you completely fluent in both Albanian and English? Do you know how to convey meaning, while not losing the accuracy of the original text?
If the answers to these questions are yes and you want to work as a translator in a fast-paced environment for one of the most respected media organizations in the region, then we want to hear from you!
Position: Albanian – English – Albanian Translator
Hours: 20 hours per week
Application deadline: Monday, January 7, 2019 (midnight)
Starting: February 4, 2019.
- Translating content for online magazine from English to Albanian and from Albanian to English, including texts and content for multimedia production;
- Translating other materials as received from K2.0 staff and for the purposes of K2.0;
- Participating in K2.0 editorial meetings;
- Coordinating work with editorial staff, and managing workload to ensure deadlines are respected while maintaining high level of quality.
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Pay attention to detail while simultaneously understanding the need to convey meaning;
- Be reliable and efficient in carrying out a busy workload;
- Be organized, and self-motivated while being able to prioritize and work to deadlines;
- Have a keen interest in the topics covered by K2.0;
- Be passionate about contributing to the growth of the organization;
- Be highly professional at all times when representing K2.0.
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in English Language and Literature or similar;
- Preferable: Minimum of one year of similar experience;
- Experience of working accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Languages: Fluency in both written and spoken Albanian and English is essential.
To apply, please email email@example.com with the subject “Albanian/English Translator” by midnight on Monday, January 7, including the following:
– Letter of motivation;
– Name and contact details of two people who can be contacted by K2.0 to provide a reference.K